He Might Face Action From The Authorities
It seems that despite losing his amazingly profitable sponsorships from Disney and YouTube earlier this year after his Anti-Semitic video, Pewdiepie still wasn’t careful on what to post next, as the YouTuber with ~57 million subscribers recently said a racial slur that most of us aren’t oblivious too (The N-word).
He said that during his livestream of PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds) and not moments later hate comments came swarming in, with Campo Santo co-founder Sean Vanaman assuring the viewers that a DMCA complaint is being filed to take action against him:
We're filing a DMCA takedown of PewDiePie's Firewatch content and any future Campo Santo games.
— Sean Vanaman (@vanaman) September 10, 2017
“There is a bit of leeway you have to have with the internet when [you] wake up every day and make video games. There’s also a breaking point. I am sick of this child getting more and more chances to make money off of what we make. He’s worse than a closeted racist: he’s a propagator of despicable garbage that does real damage to the culture around this industry.” He adds.
“I’d urge other developers & will be reaching out to folks much larger than us to cut him off from the content that has made him a millionaire. Furthermore, we’re complicit: I’m sure we’ve made money off of the 5.7M views that video has and that’s something for us to think about.”, making it clear that he isn’t quite fond of Pewdiepie. And who could blame him, after his previous incident not long before suggesting he isn’t careful about what he speaks online.
The video has been taken down from YouTube, but only after it already got 5.7 million views, which obviously angered people even more as that means that he might still get the income he earned from the video.